Monday, September 7, 2009

Following my new recruitment to the Foreign Ministry, I am now officially attached to the Budget Unit of the Finance and Account Division. A person with zero background in finance and account, being posted to such division, managing budgets of a ministry/106 Malaysian Missions abroad...ermm...

To me, Finance and Account = figures
I could recall since I finished my STPM, I hardly exercise any complex mathematics; well...maybe...or perhaps only during my foundation studies of statistics during the universities?? But even in that subject itself, everything is computerized. Now, I found myself in an awkward situation.

It would definitely be a new path for me. I am not a person who would easily give up on things I never tried. It is indeed challenging for me thou; as I hate finance, banking and account sooooooooo much.....First of all, I must learn to love it =P

To be honest to myself, I could feel like I am drowning and suffocating when I first received my 'desk-posting' order. Yet, I wish to extend my sincere gratitude to Dato' Melanie and Dato' Rohana, the two iron ladies. Thank you very much for all the encouragements, inspiration and motivations! Yes, finance and budget might not sound to be in the front line of the Foreign Ministry, it is the backbone of the entire organization. Nothing moves without good management of finance ;) and I strongly believe that this experience would fill up the 'loophole' of my educational background...towards real multitasking job~~Cheers!!!

6 Comments:

  1. KhaLoon said...
    Glad that you being post to a "job" u excited with.

    I also just reached to a decision of my future career. Feel relieved now.

    All the best Small Ice!
    TraCy said...
    Thanks KhaLoon....M still trying to keep the 'excited' mode that I have...hopefully it would help me to go through the first 6 months at least....huhuhu

    oh really? m glad to learn that too...is it still the same as wat u told me b4?

    All the best to u too....let's go KTV again when m back to ipoh yeah ;-)
    KhaLoon said...
    What I have told you before this? :P

    Well, I'm a full time Technical Manager at Lim Wing Sang Motor now.

    A part time of the "one" I told you before this.

    KTV eh? Sure, I save money first. hehe
    TraCy said...
    uhmmm...businessman vs technical manager...lol

    well, sounds like u'll be making big money then...u got a manager post even for part-time...

    m getting my car this week, if not KTV, we shall catch up for a drink yeah

    Cheers~~~
    KhaLoon said...
    My manager post is full time lah.

    The financial consultant is part time...

    Big money? Let see how its go.
    Time will tell. lol

    Ur Swift finally ready eh? Ok, will wait you come fetch me :P
    TraCy said...
    hehe...im sure u'll make it
    next time u shall treat me for ktv session...lol

    yeah, finally got it, went back to ipoh last week, busy testing the car and settle some family matters...no time to meet up with any fren either...but i'll make it next time yeah

Post a Comment